Jobbnorge AS (“Jobbnorge” and “we”) are committed to the trust you put in us and how we treat your personal information. We are responsible for the processing of your user profile with us and accordingly, we are responsible that the information we have about you is used in accordance with Privacy Laws.
What personal information do we have about you?
Depending on what information you provide, this is typically the information we have about you:
User information. Information that you provide when you choose to create a profile on Jobbnorge’s recruitment portal, whether you are a job seeker or you create a profile on behalf of an employer. For job seekers, we typically have contact information, home address, login details, date of birth, resume, diplomas, certificates and which positions you are interested in. For company employees, we typically have contact information, login details and other information that the employee submits to the profile on behalf of the employer.
Information about website usage. Information we receive when you use our website, such as your device (e.g. mobile or PC), IP address, which pages you visit and what features you use there.
How we use the information
Here are the main objectives for which we use the information:
- Create user profiles for job seekers. We use information to allow job seekers to create user profiles on our recruitment portal. For this purpose we use user information.
- Create user profiles for employers. We use information to enable company employees to create user profiles on our recruitment portal. For this purpose we use user information.
- Customer Service. We use information when you contact us, to provide service and manage your profile. For this purpose we use user information.
- Sending Information: We use your contact information (e.g. e-mail address) to send you information related to your user profile, as well as notifications of new positions you have requested. For this purpose we use user information.
- Security logging: We log all requests to the recruitment portal (with IP address) at the server level to be able to provide documentation for any security breaches. For this purpose, we use information about website usage.
- To improve our website. We use information to customize our website to the technical equipment you use and improve your user experience on the Jobbnorge website. We may also use the information to customize the content of our website to what we think is of interest to you. The information is processed in an unidentified and aggregated form. Unidentified means that we cannot track the information we collect back to the individual user. For this purpose, we use information about website usage.
Statistics: We develop statistics and chart market trends to improve and further develop our products and services. As far as possible, we do this with anonymous information without knowing that the information is specifically linked to you. For this purpose, we use information about website usage.
The legal basis for objectives 1, 3 and 4 is to fulfil our agreement with you and our legitimate interest in providing customer service and information. The legal basis for objective 2 is our legitimate interest in providing employers’ user profiles in our portal. The legal basis for objective 5 are our legal obligations and our legitimate interest in maintaining the security of the recruitment portal. The legal basis for objectives 6 and 7 is our legitimate interest in improving and further developing our services.
Who we share personal information with
We will disclose your personal information to potential employers that you have applied to through Jobbnorge’s recruitment portal or if you have chosen to publish your CV for employers. These businesses are responsible for processing your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding their processing of your personal information, please contact them directly.
We share personal information with companies that provide technical and administrative services to us, such as IT providers. We have agreements with these to ensure your privacy. You can find our list of subcontractors here
We may disclose information in individual cases, for example to public authorities, in case of suspected offenses.
How long we store personal information
We store information about you only for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was obtained. This typically means that we delete:
User information when you terminate your profile or you have been inactive for more than 36 months.
Information on website usage within the last six months.
Communication within the last 3 years.
We will store information for as long as the law allows and where a special need arises, i.e. in case of complaints or claims directed against us or by us.
You have a lot of privacy rights. These can be used by logging in to your user profile or by contacting us. Your rights include:
Information. Further information on how we process information about you.
Transparency. Copy of information we have about you.
Correction. Correct and supplement information about you.
Deletion. Request deletion of information that we no longer have the basis for storing.
Restriction. Request that we restrict the use of your information.
Data portability. Request that your information be transferred to you or to another business in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please note that these rights are subject to restrictions as provided by law. We will reply to your inquiry as soon as possible and typically within one month.
If you believe that we process personal information improperly, you have the right to appeal to the Data Inspectorate. We hope that you first contact us so that we can review your objections and resolve any misunderstandings.
A “cookie” is a text file that is stored in your browser’s internal memory when you interact with a website.
You have the ability to prevent us from placing such cookies in your browser. Most modern browsers are set to accept cookies automatically, but you can choose to change the settings so that cookies are not accepted. The disadvantage of deactivating cookies in your browser is that jobbnorge.no will not work optimally.
The purpose of most cookies is to provide functionality on the website, such as taking care of login / logout and your language settings for translating the website. In addition, we use tools that analyze trends and use of the website, so that we can make our website and services better for our online visitors.
For a complete list of which cookies we use, follow this link: Cookie overview
If you wish to get in touch with us, you can use the following contact information:
Telephone: +47 75 50 22 29
Address: Postboks 1401, 8002 Bodø, Norway